Sunday, September 23, 2007

Updates... Updates!

Ok, so I did indicate at one time I can be a bit lazy (my references to hating exercise), but I have been really busy in the past month. I have had good intentions of coming and posting, but blah blah blah :)

It's another one of those nice Sunday mornings.......relaxing. My son is currently sitting on my lap quietly watching some cartoon about racing cars and the less-spastic cat is sitting next to me, too. Hubby is getting some sleep-in time, but he's a night owl and I'm the morning person.

Guess what is sitting on the floor next to me? MY OMNIPOD. Turns out that Great West insurance decined coverage (in their opinion, it wasn't a "medical necessity" to have this pump), but it was worked out that UHC would pay in-network prices for the punp. So, I still have to pay 10% of it but it's better than not having it. I have training with a CDE on Tuesday night and she said because I'm already on a pump, I will leave her office on Tuesday wearing my new pump. I'm hoping that this is a one night training session since I have an appointment with my own endo in two weeks.

Interesting note- we went to a JDRF recognition lunch from the walk we did back in May and met some of the people running the Chapter. Our family team was able to raise $1,800 for the cause, so that was pretty cool. We talked to the woman who coordinates the walks and volunteers and I finally made my point (being slightly irritated at the walk) that I understood that the 3 year paraded out in front of the crowds made an impact and pulled heartstrings to raise money..... who wants a three year old to be pricked by blood sugar tests and multiple shots/pump configurations? However, it bothered me that their example of Type 1 stopped at a 13 year old. So, I pointed out that while it is important to show the little ones living with the disease, these little ones turn into adults (like me) and still have to live with the disease. They listened and said they were working on marketing ideas to get the attention of Type 1 adullts, so let's wait and see!

No comments: