Tuesday, May 22, 2007

3 year old versus the insulin pump

So, I have this little boy who I love very much..... he cracks me up with his little "shaky dances" to Akon (the clean version) and Dave Matthews... however, he just doesn't quite get the "don't pull the rope" (HAHAHA-- for those who have watched 15 thousand episode of the Doodlebops!) concept of insulin pumps.

Ok, I will admit that I'm a complete clutz and I'm only five feet two inches tall, so...... the tubing from my pump to my body is extremely long. This is to allow for my clutziness when I have the pump connected to me and it's sitting on the sink and I frantically turn around to grab my towel in the bathroom........ the pump falls (and, thankfully, so far.... does not break) because there is enough tubing there for my height..................

Well, in fits of laughter and tickling each other, my son inadvertantly will come up and pull on my shirt....... not bad, if there is nothing but SKIN under your shirt!! For me, he doesn't mean to..... but, he rips the tubing out of my stomach. It hurts, but short lived .... kind of like a band-aid being ripped off without warning. Have I yelled at my son for this? YES..... is it his fault, no.........................

Ah...... as I write this blog, I dream of the Omnipod insulin pump system........... no cords!!!!

I also realize that with 70% of the things right now, the three year old wins in the competition between the three year old versus the insulin pump.

(I'll have to remember to tell him that he won the Piston Cup today for a competition he didn't even know he was in!!)

No comments: