Saturday, February 9, 2008

OMNIPOD and insurance... the saga drags on......

Ok, so I will admit I am a fan of ABC soap operas (guilty pleasure), but I do feel like I'm trapped in a bad soap opera episode that won't end! So, on Thursday, I got yet another DENIAL letter from GreatWest insurance for my 9/07 Omnipod pump (just for a cross-reference, this is for the supplies + the PDA-- no one has said anything about the 12/07 supplies that I ordered!). I was annoyed, but I tried to keep an open mind when I called my Omnipod rep "Fernando". He was nice and said he had talked to GreatWest and gave them all the information they requested (proof I've lowered my A1c, proof from my doctor, etc...) and they seemed satisfied, so he was "very suprised" to hear of the denial.
Now, really, I have to admit that I am kind of over this situation so I told the rep that I had been through this with him on 12/11/07 and he had instructed me to not worry and be patient. I think I've been beyond patient and I know it's not his fault, but since he hadn't touched base with my in the past two months, I wanted to be more involved in this process. He asked me to fax the letter again and he'd take care of it. I thanked him and decided to do as he asked, but, I also wrote a note on the fax cover letting him know that I expected to hear from him early next week with an update on my case.

And you may wonder why I want universal health care? I am REALLY OVER someone at an insurance company (not qualified as a doctor) handling my paperwork and making decisions for my long term health. Are there cheaper pumps out there??-- yes, BUT most pump companies now have the pump and CGM, which is just as expensive as my cordless pump. What's the point? What's the sense in this?

GO BARACK!

No comments: