Wednesday, August 1, 2007

2 Weeks... Omnipod, where are you?!

Greetings!

Ok, so two weeks ago today, I faxed in my registration for an Omnipod and heard that my insurance would need to be contacted for approval. This could take up to 4-6 weeks. Ugh.... you have to love PPO insurance, eh?!

On more positive notes, I would have to say that if you're in a rut about diabetes in general, it most likely affects all other aspects of your life. Sometimes counseling helps.... in my case, when I did it years ago, it didn't really help all that much. Yes, it's good not to pent things up, but I found myself talking and realizing that as much as I talked about my hatred of living with this disease, it wasn't going anywhere. Talking wasn't curing and I felt more frustration with cyclical talk. I do have to say that sometimes changing an aspect in one's life might help. I started a new job recently and it's been like a rebirth in overall focus.

Perspective is improving, but the insurance quandary still pisses me off :)

No comments: