Thursday, August 2, 2007

DENIED

Update: I received a phone mesage from Insulet (Omnipod) that my insurance (UHC PPO) has DENIED my application to change my insulin pump from a Medtronic to the Omnipod. I am frustrated to say the least.

The woman told me that the insurance has denied the application, but it appeared like they wanted more "medical information", so the representative was going to contact my insurance company and my doctor to see if they could appeal the decision. Part of me is grateful that someone is trying to 'advocate' for me, but on the other hand, is the Insulet company promising my liver in exchange for coverage?!?!

I think it boils down to the insurance company looking at it and saying "hey, she's had this pump for 5 years and she's fine. There's no medical need to replace it." Of course, they are not counting that I'm no longer under warranty.... but, the insurance company, I assume, reasons "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". So, I guess I can't have a new pump (even though I'd find it easier to be CORD FREE with a three year old) until there's a crisis and the pump malfunctions/breaks.

Can you feel my love for our healthcare system right now?

Michael Moore...................save me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: