Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I'm Cordless!

I can't believe it--- I am cordless! I am now hooked up to the Omnipod pump and it's surreal.

I met with the CDE tonight (which was a condensed training since I've already been on a pump) and within one hour, I had the Omnipod on my stomach and inserted without my giving any shot. The pod attaches like a large band-aid and isn't as heavy as you might think. Then your little PDM (about the size of a Treo phone) allows you to "connect the pod" (side note: in reviewing my description, I feel like I'm starring in a sci-fi movie!!). There was a little click noise and then a tiny prick (like tesing your bloodsugar) and it was done. Amazing! No needle for me to insert into my skin. AND, the PDM has a built in freestyle meter where you can store all blood sugars, carbs, bolus' and basal rates.

I'll be my endocrinologist's dream........ ok, I won't get ahead of myself. The dream will shatter after she sees numbers :)

WOOOHOOOO!

No comments: