Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hello

So, I got a voicemail message from Omnipod last Tuesday saying they should have a response from GreatWest last Friday and they would let me know what the outcome was. Well, lucky for the company, my son was sick and I wasn't at work even though they have my cell number.

I saw my retinopathist a few weeks ago and got a "clear" from him for the next three months, but he also wanted to take some photos of my eye, This was fine and easy--- something I had had done before. What I didn't anticipate as that insurance would, once again, set me over the edge. To be honest, I got the mail yesterday from the office and I opeend the bill and it was just for $780. It didn't explain if EITHER of my insurance companies were contacted, etc., but it just frustrated me. If I pay TWO premiums, why do I continue to have to do their jobs for them?! I don't blame the doctor's office because I didn't have my insurance card for my primary insurance with me at the time of the appointment, but I did call that afternoon with all the information. My secondary insurance hasn't changed in the past two years, so I'm baffled. I"m assuming that it wasn't submitted correctly since I haven't received the annoying "statement of benefits" from either insurance, so I guess it's just another day dealing with insurance.

My version of the commercial:

Handling a full-time career.....
Handling being a mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend.......

Having to continuously address hellish insurance questions.......
PRICELESS.

No comments: