Sunday, October 7, 2007

The love affair contines.....

So, I'm still in love with my husband (we just celebrated seven years of marriage) and my Omnipod. It's almost been three weeks that I've been using the Ominpod and I am truly loving it. The only thing that I've noticed that I have not liked is that I can't access immediately how much of my reservoir is left at one push. Of course, that's just me being lazy-- it will tell you how much basal and bolus you've used in a day and you can always subtract that from the 200 units you've filled. The pods automatically deactivate every three days, so you know when you put the reservoir in. I LOVE having the meter built in to the PDM-- a lot less to carry around and worry about.

My affair with Minimed has officially ended. I called the company and cancelled my automatic shipping and that was liberating. Of course, there was a trap that I was caught in because they company got in the habit of billing me (like in 2003) before it got fully processed through our insurance, so I actually have a credit of $250 with the company. Awhile back, I just asked them to issue me a check, but they said it was a credit and I could call everytime I was billed for supplies and instruct them to deduct it from my credit (a royal PITA). I did it, but once my supplies were officially closed, I insisted they mail me my check. Of course, this will take 3-4 weeks. Mind you, this call was on October 5th and we'll see how long it really takes.........

A few more days, my two favorite men and I will be dancing in DISNEY!!!!! VACATION!

No comments: