Saturday, October 20, 2007

Omipod, DIsney World, Birthdays and Halloween......

So, the Omnipod is still working great and I've noticed another great advantage--- because it is mandatory and I change the pod every three days, there are no more little red marks on my belly from the insertion set! Woohoo.

So, my guys and I went to Disney World last week and we loved it. Yes, my son definitely tried our patience (a lot of "I don't want to do that), but also a lot of "WOW" after we forced him to do things!! We made it on to some of the rides, went to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, and met up with a ton of characters. I think that my son's favorite was seeing Lightning McQueen in person (I was very impressed by this car, too!). I personally loved Epcot because I could feel I traveled all over the world! Personal favorite--- Morocco. Some day, my guys and I will go to Morocco.

So, both of my men were born in October. Hubby isn't gung-ho about birthdays, so that was pretty low key. This week will be celebratory for my son. A lot to look forward to and a lot to reminisce about. I can't believe he'll be four. It took me five days of labor to get him here, but those five days seem like nothing compared to the amazing things he has taught us about living each day and enjoying the simple things around us.

Halloween is around the corner and despite my personal dislike of it --nothing religious based at all---- I just haven't been fond of it because it rots to collect pillow cases of candy and not be able to eat it!, but my son and husband's enthusiasm for it has turned me towards enjoying the holiday. With and Omnipod, hey.... I may snag some butterfingers or snickers from my son's loot!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi-
My 14 year old daughter has type 1 diabetes, diagnosed just over 2 years ago. She is using multiple daily injections, and is doing a good job contolling her blood sugar. She is considering a pump, but is leery of the Omnipod because of the "lump" under her clothes. Has the size of the pod been an issue?
Tony

Diabetchik said...

Hi Tony,

I have not had any problems with the pump sticking out under my clothes, but I tend not to wear tight clothes. I wear dresses and dress shirts and it has not stuck out.
Another thing to consider with the other pumps is that the insertion site may be close to the skin, but there is a cord to deal with....... I found it's easier to deal with my pod than the cords!