Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, I'm not one that believes in "resolutions" because they are so easy to break...... I have goals of what I'd like to do this year, but those remain to be completed (it's only the 6th day of the year!).

So far, the year has begun well. I was lucky enough to start the New Year in a great way-- celebrating with my husband, son and friends early into the morning and then going to two different friend's homes on New Year's day for lunch and dinner! Of course, I have bronchitis now, but it's totally worth it!!

So far, no insurance company has paid for my Omnipod....... I've been wearing it since September and totally loving it, but I've also gone a few rounds with Insulet (makers of Omnipod). I'm concerned that I'll be stuck paying for the whole thing and threatened to stop using it, but the rep (and I've now been assigned to one man, thankfully) insists that this is "typical" and the insurance companies will work it out sooner or later. I really dislike (I can't say "hate" because we're trying to teach our son NOT to use that.....) insurance companies!!!

Any political candidates out there that are ready to take on the insurance companies? and the lobbyists that limit scientific research??

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Scott S said...

Happy New Year. I find the coverage with Insulet interesting, mainly because I haven't seen many people with Omnipods, and securing insurance coverage is really the manufacturer's problem to contend with. Perhaps their infrastructure is not as well-developed as Minimed, Animas or Smiths Medical is? Who knows, but do keep us posted on progress made with coverage ... your readers are interested!