Monday, January 7, 2008

ObamaClintonHuckabeeRomney

Ah, the joys of our changing political structure. Who would have guessed a month ago that what occurred in Iowa may again happen in New Hampshire. Ironically, it was less than a month ago when my office department sat around a table at our 'holiday' lunch (8 of us) and we all had to make predictions on who would be on the ticket for President. Shamefully, I didn't say what I hoped, I said what I thought was really going to happen (Clinton/Romney) and boy, I was wrong...... but, I'm not sad. While I do admire Mrs. Clinton and would like to see a woman win office, I don't necessarily agree that SHE is the right woman. I do think that she's an opportunist and very calculated........so, don't count her out quite yet. On the other hand, there's the man I do admire, Mr. Obama. I don't like that he's accepting TONS of money from insurance agencies (which ultimately will put a hold on moving forward with a universal healthcare plan), it is somewhat the necessary evil to be elected in this day and age.

What I do hope Mr. Obama hangs on to is his dedication to his own sense of individuality, his love for his family, and his personality. His charisma is what draws me to him and I'm in the process of reading his book as well as reviewing all the candidates to see what aligns most with what I hope our country can move towards......

World Peace
Healthcare for all
Homes for all neglected children

and, hell.......... stem cell research for a cure for diabetes!!!!

No comments: