Monday, January 28, 2008

State of the Union

Ah, as I write this, the President is on TV for the last time................... thank goodness! I can't criticize because I don't plan on tuning in and listening to him mispronounce "nuclear" for the zillionth time. HA. If he was going to talk about the issues really facing America truthfully (hey, someone want to clue the guy in that we ARE in a recession??)--- economy with the worst level of selling homes that surpassed the housing crisis of the early '80s (you know, the recession that people actually admitted we were having). Honestly, I can't say that those times truly affected my life because I was like 5-6 years old at the time, but I know my family lived in a 2 bedroom apartment (5 of us) in a city because we had moved for my dad's job and we couldn't sell our house in our old city. We eventually had to move back to the area to our house because it wouldn't sell and my dad commuted for at least an hour each way......... but, I digress.

So, anyone doing the JDRF walk this year? My family is participating again and I have to start hitting people up for money soon. I was holding off because I thought we might be starting a different family process that would cost significant funds and would lead us to ask our family for some financial assistance, but I don't think we'll be doing that plan so now I'm trying to think of creative ways to hit up my new company to sponsor my team, but I'm not real familiar with "corporate culture" on this. I'll probably just bite the bullet and ask our CEO outright. Hey, why not? He's met me once or twice!!!! HA. I'm even looking into being a family volunteer for the organization to give advice/support to newly diagnosed families.

For some reason I'm ready to burrow in for a long winter's night even though it's not nearly as cold as it was last week.

BTW: GO OBAMA!!! hahahahahahahahahhaaha.

No comments: