Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend Review

So, we went to Juno! It was great. I am already totally addicted to the sound track (which one of my friends predicted it would be up my alley). The movie was really good--- interesting how they weave in a lot of concepts without making outright political statements (abortion, divorced families, teenage secrecy, relationships and infertility). I really liked how it all played out, but I'm not sure how "normal" one's life could be after enduring her path. I'd be interested to see how people act between generations because I think that teenagers really could be nonchalant about being pregnant (you hear stories of it on the news all the time) and I think older generations (60+) might think that a young person couldn't move forward without guilt, etc. Following up on the concept of teens and pregnancy, a both BBC and NBC will are doing a show called "Baby Borrowers" where teens get hands on action of being a parent/family with a live baby. Apparently the BBC version was able to gain support among teens that they did not want to be parents and the series is used in some schools........... we'll have to wait and see what will happen with American viewers.

Speaking about parenting, my 4 year old is officially driving me bonkers! We're going through a phase of not listening, telling us that he doesn't want to do certain things, and challenging us when he doesn't want to do things. What happened to the little guy that used to want to cuddle??! Of course, as I write this, he just enthusiastically told his father "It's Sunday, we get to stay home together!!!". He does love his Saturdays and Sundays, but he also does fine at school. I don't know if it's because a fire alarm was pulled at his school (for no reason), but he's also regressed to the theory that he has to be by our side 24/7. I had been so happy to move out of that phase about 4 months ago! Ah, patience is needed, right?!?!?! Good thing he is really cute :)

Before I go, I must say GO OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: