Thursday, January 24, 2008

WoooHoooo!

So, today was my appointment at the retinopathist. I was holding my breath as my eyes dilated and I waited for the doctor to come in. I always feel sort of funny being in the office because it is typically me (at 33) and about four other people that are at least 30 years older than me (and are often accompanied by someone my age!). The good thing is that I really trust my doc and he gave me an "all clear" for the next three months. Yes, I do go frequently because in 2007, I think I had about 5-6 treatments on my retinopathy, so I was hoping this year would be better. I don't know if it's just in my head or not, but I think that being happier with my work (new job last July) does have a positive outlook on my personal diabetic care. So, no need for laser surgery in the next three months and THAT is great news to me!

No update as of yet on my insurance and the Omnipod. I go back and forth whether I should proactively call Francisco, my newly appointed person at Insulet, or wait until some other issue comes forth and then I have to call and "bts" (my friendly, shortened term for bi**h slapping) someone. I'll probably go with the latter. All I have to say is do everything in writing!!! It is really helpful when you can be on the phone and say "On November 5, I wrote an email to so and so and she said this". I am still really enjoying the Omnipod and I find it so much easier to bring one black bag with me everywhere--- and to be completely honest, I test more frequently using this machine.

Tomorrow night, I think I've convinced my husband to go to the movies (we have drastically different tastes-- he likes Sci-Fi and I like "chick flicks"--- but we both tend to like politically motivated movies). Anyways, he did express interest in "Juno" so I think that we will see that while our little guy heads to an evening pizza party. Two movies in a week is virtually unheard of in my life, so I am a happy woman!

No comments: